5 Reasons To Shop Local & Support Independent Business
It goes without saying that the high street is in a dire state of disrepair (depending on which news channel you follow). With the latest news on highstreet chain House of Fraser how can shopping local help fight off a dramatic change to the way we interact in cities and towns?
Whether you're a shopping addict or purposeful shopper, high street retail is undergoing the largest change since the rise of commercialism in the 1900s. From the way we shop, to the location we transact, times are changing …. Fast. Its estimated that over 50% of gifts for Christmas 17/18 were bought online with 1/5 bought on Amazon alone. These stats sound great. A prosperous economic gain for all those involved….. or not?! Offline retail and consumer spending has actually slowed in Europe suggesting one thing….. the rise of the internet / ecommcerce and all things online!
With this rise though comes significant impact according to industry watchdogs. Not only will our high streets change, friends & family loose jobs but generations of stories, collections and individual tastes disappear. In light of this we’ve shortlisted our reasons for supporting independent retailers by rolling out our retail model and incentivized reasons to shop local.
- Supporting Local Entrepreneurs, Creative and Out of the Box Thinkers…
- Buying from an independent supports and entrepreneur who decided to offer something different, take a risk and step outside the box
- Creative entrepreneurs have a unique and bespoke approach, by shopping local you help innovate fashion, trends and handcrafts
- Main of these people are centered around ethical practices and give back to the community
- Relationship building
- Independent boutique owners are curators, by supporting a local shop your buying into years of experience, taste and on trend fashion vision
- Decisions made to stock items are based around the market need, customer demands and expressionism
- Repeat business often leads to personalized rewards and spin of opportunities
- Exclusive trends, styles and expression
- Collections in independent stores are often full of unique, limited run lines only found locally
- Independent boutiques are driven by referrals and request… straight from the customer base
- More than a shop…. Its about the experience
- Whether it's the unique visual merchandise or quirky layout, an independent store is much more than online webpage
- Shopping locally allows the customer to see spin off collections and upsells which an algorithm wouldn't be able to match
- The multiplier effect (why your money goes further)
- An independent store and owner is not the same as a corporate CEO or MD, shopping local helps shape the future lines and way the high street operates across the country
- Purchasing local helps with keeping local people employed and reinvest in other local businesses
We’re proud to be launching our Independent Partner Pack for Autumn 2018 which allows independent brands, market stall owners and fashionistas to access our collection at wholesale rates with the chance for exclusive fabric linings / bespoke finishes individual to their business.
If you're an independent store owner, retailer or influencer, we would love to discuss the options available.
For more information contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange a call with one of our co-founders.